Kicking It! Interview with Martial Arts Teacher Singing Garcia
Martial Arts is a tradition of combat practices which is used for many reasons like self-defense, or military. In an interview with martial arts teacher, Singung Luis Garcia tells us of his reasons for becoming an instructor.
What is it that you do?
- I teach Martial Arts, I am an instructor.
What inspired you to be what you are?
- What inspired me was wanting to learn so I could teach people to defend themselves.
If you could be anything else than what you are, what would it be?
- President of the United States, haha just joking, I would be a Marine
How do you think that Martial Arts could be used in educational setting?
- The world will be different when you teach martial arts in schools it will take a lot of discipline and will teach everything against bullying and make better people for the society. The world will be a better place.
How do you motivate your students?
- Inspired them day by day to be a better person and that everything is possible. For them to know that they can reach for the stars.
What are you most proud of?
- I am proud of my school and my students
Any idols or aspirations that you have?
- Denzel Washington and Muhammad Ali
Any memorable moments that you have?
- In 2016 I met general Richard Dix and he presented me with a good coin at the ROTC ball
How much does a polar bear weigh?
- Like 10 kids combined!